Improve your Sleep with these 5 Bedroom Plants
There is nothing worse than not getting enough sleep before a hectic work week. Do you toss and turn at night and nothing seems to calm your mind? Are you laying awake, thinking about everything you need to take care of tomorrow? Have you tried all of the home remedies you’ve discovered on Pinterest and nothing seems to work? Luckily there may be another method you can try! Studies show that some house plants can ease your anxious mind and increase your hours of rest.
- Aloe Vera: Not only does Aloe Vera ease burns it also emits oxygen at night, helps you combat insomnia and improves overall sleep quality. It reproduces easily, doesn’t need much sunlight and not a lot of watering. If you have a busy career and don’t have the time to take care of needy plants, this one is for you!
- Lavender Plant: Want your home to smell lovely and get a full 8 hours of rest? Try putting a lavender plant by your bedside. Lavender is a plant that is well-known to induce sleep and reduce anxiety. The smell slows down your heart-rate to reduce anxiety levels.
- Jasmine Plant: Another well-known scent to improve the quality of sleep. Jasmine Plant is also known to increase your alertness and productivity and decreases your anxious thoughts.
- English Ivy Plant: If you have breathing and asthma problems which deter your sleep patterns keep an English Ivy Plant at the foot of your bed or side of your bedroom. Studies show that the plant reduces air molds to 94% in 12 hours.
- Snake Plant: Don’t be misled by the name of the plant! This plant emits oxygen in the night while you’re asleep taking carbon dioxide from the air inside your house. It also filters nasty household toxins from the air.
These plants not only improve your sleep significantly but they also create beautiful décor in your home!